Traditional handicrafts are getting a new life through poverty-reduction programs in China.
The sixth China Intangible Cultural Heritage Expo, held in Jinan, Shandong province from Oct 23 to 27, highlights 46 poverty-alleviation projects that utilized intangible cultural heritage and 84 heritage items from across China.
- Expo highlights role of intangible cultural heritage in poverty relief
- China Intangible Cultural Heritage Expo opens in Jinan
- Traditional embroidery helps embellish villagers' lives
- Thangka artist enriches community by passing on heritage to youths
- Preserving intangible cultural heritage contributes to poverty alleviation
- Shaanxi's intangible cultural heritage on display at expo
- Henan's intangible cultural heritage shines at expo
- Jinan highlighted at China Intangible Cultural Heritage Expo
- Jining showcases cultural legacies at national expo
- Weifang crafts showcased at China Intangible Cultural Heritage Expo