Tips for workers on preventing novel coronavirus
(chinadaily.com.cn)| Updated : 2020-02-19Print Print
I. Be preventative on your journey back to your workplace
1. Keep one to two meters from others since the transmission routes of the novel coronavirus are through exhaled droplets and close contacts.
2. On public transport such as planes, trains and buses, carry along the hand sanitizer or disinfection wipes and disinfect public areas like the armrests and seats.
3. Please wear a mask for the whole journey. A surgical mask is a good option for daily protection.
4. Please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, your sleeves or a bended elbow when you cough or sneeze.
5. Frequent hand washing is as important as wearing a mask. Rub with soap or hand sanitizer thoroughly with running water for at least 20 seconds when you wash your hands.
6. Pay attention to food hygiene and avoid raw food and undercooked animal products.
7. Please do not bring live poultry with you and try to avoid contact with wild animals on the journey. If you bring a dog or cat back home, give them a thorough shower.
8. It is highly recommended that you take a pen with you in case you have to fill in paperwork as a passenger. Using your own pen means efficiency and safety. Ensure proper reservation of tickets for a possible close contact investigation afterward.
9. A 14-consecutive-day self-monitoring of your health status after you last left your home is necessary, and please seek medical advice in case fever, fatigue or dry cough occurs.
II. Take prevention at workplace
When you're at workplace bear the four major principles for epidemic prevention in mind:
l Wash your hands frequently
l Wear a mask all the working day
l Keep the workplace well-ventilated
l keep your distance from others
What else? Let's take a look at other tips we can learn to protect ourselves from the novel coronavirus.