(chinese-embassy.org)| Updated : 2017-09-28Print Print
Issued to those who intend to work in China.
1. Basic Documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate.
(2) Visa Application Form and photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a white background attached (Photo Requirements for Chinese Visa Application)
(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid visa or certificate of stay, residence, employment or student status of the country where you are currently staying.
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)
2. Supporting Documents
One of the following documents for those who shall stay for more than 90 days after entry:
(1) Foreigners Employment Permit of the People's Republic of China, both original and copy,or Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit in the People's Republic of China issued by Chinese government authorities for human resources and social security.
(2) Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, both original and copy.
(3) Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreign countries(regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration.
(4) An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs, both original and copy.
(5) Letter of Invitation to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations in China issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation, both original and copy.
One of the following documents for those who shall stay no more than 90 days after entry:
(1) Foreigners Employment Permit of the People's Republic of China and Approval of Short-Term Employment For Foreigners Working in China issued by Chinese government authorities for human resources and social security, both original and copy.
(2) An approval document for commercial performances and Approval of Short-Term Employment For Foreigners Working in China issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs, both original and copy.
We kindly remind you that:
Holders of Z Visa, whose duration of stay is more than 30 days, shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply to the exit/entry administrations of public security organizations under local people's governments at or above the county level in the proposed places of residence for foreigners' residence permits.
3.Application Procedure, Processing Time and Fees
Please visit Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General's websites for more details based on your State of residence.
(1) Each item of the application form must be filled truthfully, clearly and completely. Any false information, missed items or illegible handwriting may lead to delay of the application processing or even refusal of the visa application.
(2) According to Chinese laws and regulations, visa officers make decisions on the validity period, number of entries, and the duration of each stay of a visa.
(3) According to Chinese laws and regulations, visa officers may interview certain applicants and collect their 10 fingerprints.
(4) Authoritative interpretation remains with the Embassy should there be any change to the information above.