Tai'an sees project investment increase
In 2022, Tai'an has bolstered its efforts to attract and promote high-quality business.
In 2022, Tai'an has signed 238 projects with a total investment of 170.26 billion yuan ($24.4 billion), of which 175 projects have been completed.
From January to November, the city's actual use of foreign capital reached $531.02 million, an increase of 37.65 percent year-on-year.
Behind the achievements are Tai'an's efforts to develop its modern industrial system and 13 key industrial chains, attracting a number of high-quality projects involved in fields like new energy, new materials, power transmission and transformation equipment, and automobiles and parts.
Tai'an has also focused on key regions such as the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, the Yangtze River Delta region, and the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, and set up three investment liaison offices in each region to expand contacts, collect information, and help more projects invest and settle.
Tai'an sets up three liaison offices in regions including Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, the Yangtze River Delta region, and the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area to promote investment. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
In 2022, Tai'an actively participated in provincial-level major economic and trade activities such as the Third Qingdao Multinationals Summit and achieved fruitful results.
At the 36th International Mount Tai Climbing Festival and the 2022 Tai'an Investment and Cooperation Conference, 66 project deals worth 65.9 billion yuan were inked, covering key industries including new energy, high-end chemicals, automobiles and parts, medicine and medical equipment, and the digital economy.
Representatives from domestic and international enterprises sign a slew of project agreements at the 2022 Tai'an Investment and Cooperation Conference in Tai'an, Shandong province on Sept 6. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
In addition, Tai'an has given leading roles to its industrial parks in 2022.
In the first three quarters this year, the city's seven provincial-level economic development zones had combined tax revenues of7.48 billion yuan, an increase of 54.6 percent year-on-year, and achieved a total fixed asset investment of 44.93 billion yuan, an increase of 49.1 percent. The seven zones' total actual use of foreign investment hit $415 million, an increase of 26.1 percent. The fixed asset investment in the top 10 industries accounted for 75.2 percent of the total fixed asset investment in the zones.
Tai'an also established a smart management platform to manage, follow up, and promote its key project investments.